Vans Checkerboard Day is a global initiative established to champion the power of creative expression around the world. Following a period of isolation, this year's Checkerboard Day will focus on the vital role creativity plays in helping individuals and communities address mental health and well-being. This year, Vans will support 10 charities from around the world whose shared purpose is to use programs focused on creativity as resources for coping with the stressors that impact mental health and well-being, by donating a at least $1 million USD.
Text to Donate
Text "Vans" to 1-323-990-VANS (8267) to donate to The Checkerboard Fund at Tides Foundation to help raise additional funds for our charity partners for Vans Checkerboard Day.Donate Now Donate Now
"In what I do, my best work is done when I am most present. People seeking some human connection — that is such an important part of mental health."
CHECKERBOARD DAY EXCLUSIVES
On top of the $1 million USD donation by Vans, you can help support the charities by purchasing a limited-edition Vans Checkerboard Day t-shirt or pair of Custom Authentics designed by artist Geoff McFetridge. 100% of proceeds for each product sold will be donated to The Vans Checkerboard Fund at Tides Foundation.Shop Tee Shop Footwear
- Wear checkerboard.
Try something from this list!
Ways To Participate:
- Visit a museum (IRL or online) to discover inspiration and meaning
- Write a poem about when, where or with whom your mental health is strongest
- Share how skateboarding has affected your life in a meaningful way by submitting a skatepark story
- Join a CALM Collective to talk about your passion with others
- Write a letter to your future self about the person you want to be
- Create a collage of a place you'd like to visit for a gateway to feel more rejuvenated
- Skate, surf or ride out to spend time with yourself or friends
- Play or listen to music to express your emotions, relax, focus, or feel connected.
We've spent a lot of the year apart, so this Vans Checkerboard Day we're coming together to donate over $1M to organizations that support mental wellness, because creativity is good for your head. Join us on TikTok and show us how you ride, paint, play, sing, or whatever it is you do to express yourself with #VansCheckerboardDay.Learn More
A weekly source of creative inspiration. The Vans Family shares how creativity is good for their heads.
The Vans Family shares how creativity is good for their heads.
Vans will support 10 charities from around the world whose shared purpose is to use programs focused on creativity as resources for coping with the stressors that impact mental health and well-being, by donating at least $1 million funded by The Vans Checkerboard Fund at the Tides Foundation or via a direct donation from Vans. Each will receive at least $100,000 USD to use towards their organization's mission to improv