Vans <3 You.
Vans shines a light on Autism Acceptance with a collection of sensory-friendly footwear and apparel. To be more inclusive of common sensory sensitivities, we worked with the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards to create designs that focus on the senses of sight and touch and feature a calming color palette, ensuring they meet a defined set of standards and are appropriate for individuals with autism and other sensory sensitivities.
Made with ComfyCush technology, the Autism Acceptance Toddler ComfyCush Slip-On V utilizes a new softer, cushiony outsole that feels like walking on a cloud. Featuring a co-molded construction of foam and rubber for the perfect combination of both comfort and grip, the Autism Acceptance Toddler ComfyCush Slip-On V also includes rubber outsoles offering durability and traction, sturdy textile and synthetic uppers that focus on tongue stabilization, simplified one-piece interiors with added arch support, and moisture-wicking lining materials throughout the interior of the shoe. This slip-on style utilizes elastic side accents, hook-and-loop closures, and heel pulls for ease of entry.
Vans will donate a minimum of $100,000 of its proceeds from this collection to Surfers Healing, a non-profit organization whose mission is to enrich the lives of people living with autism by exposing them to the unique experience of surfing.
- Part of a sensory-friendly footwear and apparel collection created with the help of the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards
- Design focuses on senses of sight and touch and features a calming color palette
- Sturdy textile and synthetic uppers focus on tongue stabilization
- Co-molded construction of foam and rubber creates the perfect combination of comfort and grip
- Rubber outsoles offer durability and traction
- Simplified one-piece interiors with added arch support
- Moisture-wicking lining materials
- Soft ComfyCush outsole
- Elastic side accents, hook-and-loop closures, and heel pulls offer ease of entry
1 Depending on the product, Vans will contribute 5-8% of its U.S. Wholesale List price for each product sold within this collection. The U.S. Wholesale List price for products in this collection is estimated to be 50% of the purchase price paid by end-consumers.