Vans Customs Story
In 1966, the Van Doren Rubber Company opened its doors for business in Anaheim, California. With the ability to make shoes one pair at a time to meet specific consumer requests, Vans simple canvas shoes soon became a staple at the beach and throughout Southern California. In the mid '70s, the first skateboard-specific shoe the Era, was born and within a few years, the Vans Sidestripe and waffle sole came to represent a look that still epitomize the West Coast surf and skate scenes.
While skaters were exploring backyard pools and construction site full-pipes in our shoes, creative individuals continued to customize Vans, bringing in their own boardshorts, skate decks, and apparel for design inspiration. Vans stores everywhere remained the conduit for building shoes that truly represent who you are.
Today, Vans Customs are available anywhere you can get an Internet connection and surf to www.vans.com. We invite you to release your inner shoe designer and create a masterpiece of your own.
You may return unworn and unwashed merchandise back to us within 30 days of receipt for a refund to the original form of payment. Returns without the original receipt must reference the order number, which you may reprint from the order status page on www.vans.com or from your order confirmation email.
Returns or Replacements by Mail
- All Vans Custom shoe orders must be returned with the original paperwork
- On the documentation with the picture of your shoe design, please indicate the reason for returning: a gift, wrong item shipped, wrong color, etc.
- Pack and seal your return securely (in the original package if possible) and include all original paper work.
Please mail your return to:
Order No: ______
15700 Shoemaker Ave.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
- If you would like a replacement mailed to you, please call Customer Service at 855-909-8267 to make a new order. NOTE: To ensure faster processing of your credit, please keep a record of the carrier's tracking number.
Returns or Exchanges at a VANS Retail Store:
- Vans.com orders can only be returned to a Vans company owned retail store not through other retailers such as JCPenney or Journeys.
- Use the Store Locator to find the Vans company owned retail store nearest you.
- Bring your product and original packaging for a credit or exchange.
Refunds and Credits
All returns will be refunded to the original form of payment that was used for your purchase. Please allow 14 days for us to process the credit. During peak times, processing may take longer than normal. It may take up to two (2) or three (3) billing cycles for your credit to appear on your statement.
Cancellations Or Changes
We begin processing your order immediately upon receipt. For this reason we will not be able to cancel or change your order once you have submitted it to us.
We accept orders online 24 hours-a-day, seven (7) days a week. Orders entered on www.vans.com will be processed pending approval. Custom shoe orders can only be shipped by UPS Ground Service and are not eligible for shipment to a P.O. Box or FPO/APO address. Custom orders are not eligible for expedited delivery. Transit times for custom shoes are 5-7 weeks weeks from the original order date. Shipping and handling charges are based on the number of items in the order. The shipping and handling charges for 1 pair of custom shoes is $6.95 and $4.00 for each additional custom shoe.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional questions about policies and procedures.