Vans/ Bad Religion Flyaway SWEEPSTAKES Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. TEXT/DATA MESSAGING OR INTERNET ACCESS & VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED.
Vans/ Bad Religion Flyaway Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is offered only in the 48 contiguous United States and District of Columbia ("Territory") and is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States or District of Columbia who are 18 or over, as of date of entry: if you do NOT reside in Territory or are otherwise ineligible, do NOT attempt to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees, officers and directors and their immediate family members (parents, children, siblings, spouse) wherever they may live and others living in their same household (whether related or not) of Vans, a division of VF Outdoor, Inc. ("Sponsor"), its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, and their advertising/promotion/production agencies or other entities involved in the development or implementation of the Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or win the prize. Sweepstakes begins on or about 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on 10/18/2010 and ends on 11/1/2010 at 11:59 p.m. PT ("Sweepstakes Period"). Void in Alaska, Hawaii, elsewhere outside Territory and where prohibited by law.
1. To Enter. During Sweepstakes Period,
A. Text Message Entry. Send VANS1 via text message to 25787. Data messaging is not available on all wireless carriers and in all areas. Standard text messaging and data rates apply. (Such charges apply regardless of whether text message is properly received and results in Sweepstakes entry.)
B. Online Entry. Go to Vans.com/BadReligionContestRules Complete the official entry form with your first and last name, mailing address (including zip code), daytime phone number (including area code), age and e-mail address. Then, submit completed entry.
Entry Restrictions. Limit one (1) entry per person or e-mail address or mobile phone number. Any person who attempts to participate with multiple e-mail and/or street addresses, under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified. Entries must be manually key-stroked. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed or like means are prohibited and will be disqualified. Proof of transmitting entry is not proof of receipt. Sponsor may acknowledge receipt of entries but such acknowledgement does not constitute any representation as to Sweepstakes eligibility. (In the case of text message entrants, you may be charged for such text message acknowledging receipt of your entry).
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail account from which the online entry is submitted as of date of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of a text message entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the owner of the mobile phone number (as per wireless carrier’s billing records) from which the text message entry is submitted as of date of entry.
Online entrants may be asked whether they wish to opt-in to receive promotional/informational e-mails from Sponsor. You are NOT required to opt-in to receive such e-mails from Sponsor and your decision whether or not to do so will NOT affect your ability to enter the Sweepstakes or your chances of winning.
Text message entrants may be asked whether they wish to opt-in to receive promotional/informational text messages from Sponsor. You may incur charges for receipt of such text messages. You are NOT required to opt-in to receive such text messages from Sponsor and your decision whether or not to do so will not affect your ability to enter the Sweepstakes or your chances of winning.
2. Winner Determination. On 11/2/2010, the potential winner will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. By participating, entrants (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) accept and agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Person initially selected as potential winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail on 11/2/2010 at approximately TIME PT. If potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason, the prize will be forfeited without compensation and an alternate winner selected from among all remaining eligible entries received.
3. Prize/Odds of Winning: Grand Prize (1) – trip for winner and one guest (13 or over) to San Francisco for Bad Religion concert on Friday, 11/19/2010. Approximate Retail Value: $2000.00. Trip consists of roundtrip coach air transportation between major commercial airport near winner’s residence and San Francisco; 3 days/2 nights standard hotel accommodations (double occupancy); two tickets to concert; $100 Vans gift card (gift card subject to terms and conditions of use as indicated thereon). Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
4. Prize Restrictions. Winner must be able to travel on dates of Sponsor’s sole choosing so as to attend the Bad Religion concert in San Francisco on 11/19/2010; if winner is unavailable at such time for any reason, prize will be forfeited without compensation and an alternate winner selected from among all remaining eligible entries received. Trip (including but not limited to concert) is subject to availability and certain other restrictions. Winner is solely responsible for any and all unspecified expenses in conjunction with acceptance/use of prize (this includes but is not limited to ground transportation in San Francisco). Valid government-issued photo identification is required for air travel. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary as set by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If winner’s residence is within approximately 150 miles of San Francisco (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), winner will receive ground transportation between his/her residence and hotel in lieu of air transportation and will not receive any compensation in conjunction with such substitution. Actual value of trip depends on point of departure, airfare fluctuations and other factors and winner will not receive difference between approximate retail value and actual value of trip. No prize substitution, except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, if advertised prize/prize component is unavailable for any reason and only then for prize/prize component of equal or greater value. No prize transfer. If Bad Religion concert is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor may in its sole discretion award the prize winner a trip to a Bad Religion concert on the make-up date in San Francisco (if any) OR award the prize winner the remaining elements of the prize (i.e., a trip to San Francisco for (3) days/(2) nights, $100.00 (in lieu of concert tickets) and a $100 Vans gift card; the prize trip being subject to availability and other restrictions, including that the trip must be taken by 7/1/2011 and notice of at least (45) days in advance of intended travel date is required. In either case, the modified prize shall represent Sponsor’s entire liability to winner.
6. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility for (a) any incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error; (b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of any web site and/or entries (whether effected via text message or online); and (c) any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines (including but not limited to incomplete or dropped calls), computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, programming or failure of e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, or for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any person’s computer or mobile phone, as appropriate (or any information/materials stored therein) related to or resulting from downloading materials from any website, transmission of a text message or participation in Sweepstakes. Sponsor and its agencies are also not responsible for late, lost, illegible/garbled, corrupted, incomplete, damaged or misdirected entries (whether made by text message or online). If, for any reason, Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running (in whole or in part) as originally planned, including without limitation infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part), Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor will select the winner in a manner deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules. And, notice of such action will be posted on HYPERLINK "http://www.vans.com" www.vans.com. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision.
7. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/GOVERNING LAW/WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL:
Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you (if a minor, your parent/legal guardian) agree that: (a) any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Vans, a division of VF Outdoor, Inc., shall be filed exclusively in the federal or state courts of Orange County, California and you (if a minor, your parent/legal guardian) hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action, AND ANY RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY AND A TRIAL BY JURY IS HEREBY WAIVED, (b) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules, and/or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Vans, a division of VF Outdoor, Inc., shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (d) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Vans, a division of VF Outdoor, Inc., shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California without giving effect or regard to any principles or doctrines of conflicts of law/choice of law of California or of any other jurisdiction.
8. Winner’s List: For name of winner (available after 12/1/2010; requests must be received by 11/5/2010), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Van’s Flyaway Sweepstakes, 6550 Katella Ave, Cypress, CA 90630 This Sweepstakes may not be published elsewhere without the written permission of Sponsor.
Sponsor: Vans, a division of VF Outdoor, Inc., 6550 Katella Avenue, Cypress, CA 90630.